Expandable lattice wall. Made with kiln-dried poplar. 7′ or 10′ tall walls, depending on the model.
Spruce 2x4's (16' and 20' yurts) or 2x6's (24' and 30' yurts).
All framework is finished with Land Ark™, a natural citrus oil.
2x4 vertical supports under every other rafter are standard on all yurt sizes over 16'.
Attractive, basket-weave style constructed of either 4" or 6" thick pine.
1/4" clear or tinted acrylic dome. Opener is included to allow ventilation. Tinted dome blocks 60% of UV rays and we recommend them.
1/4" galvanized steel aircraft cable.
Door & Frame
36" x 80" steel door, 1/2 lite. Maintenance free, lever handle. We also offer a paint option to match the roof.
Choose between either:
Standard windows are 40"H X 46"W and/or vertical 24"W x 48"H. Windows for yurts with 10’ walls are 50"H X 46"W. Our vinyl windows have a sewn in screen, a removable clear 30 mil vinyl window panel, and a storm flap that can double as an awning. The storm flap is zippered down the sides and has a Velcro bottom closure. Our 16' & 20' yurts come with 3 windows, while our 24' & 30' yurts come with 4 windows.
You can choose to substitute glass windows for the vinyl windows included with the yurt you are purchasing.We will build custom-sized frames to fit any new or recycled windows that you provide. This eliminates the need to open and close vinyl windows from the outside Our 16' & 20' yurts come with 3 windows, while our 24' & 30' yurts come with 4 windows.
Standard over each door to prevent rain from dripping into the doorway.
The roof cover is Vanguard™, an extra heavy duty vinyl laminated polyester that provides excellent durability and low maintenance. All seams are heat-welded instead of machine-sewn to prevent leakage. Choice of colors. A heavier roof is available as an option.
The upper wall panel is Starfire™, a polyester/cotton blend with an acrylic coating that provides excellent strength and low maintenance.
The lower wall panel is Patio 500™, a heavy duty vinyl laminated polyester that provides exceptional durability and low maintenance.
Why should you choose a yurt from Blue Ridge Yurts?
If you live in the Eastern U.S. the answer is obvious! Floyd, Virginia is centrally located for pick-ups and deliveries to the entire Atlantic region. We are the #1 supplier of yurts on the East Coast. In the years that we've been in business, we've built hundreds of yurts for satisfied customers who have used them for private residences, commercial venues, classrooms, studios, Airbnb rentals, and cabins in state parks across the Southeast.
Compare our standard features to other companies:
- Standard wall height is now 7ft 4in
- We use standard door sizes, so that you can use your own unique door as a savings option or design choice.
- A stainless steel dome opener with telescoping handle is included with every yurt - not as an additional option
- Three windows are included with our smaller yurts (16' & 20'), and four windows are included with our larger yurts (24' & 30')
- Our walls are put together using stainless steel screws and T-nuts - no rivets.
- A support package, containing milled 2x4's and attachment hardware comes standard with all but the 16' yurts, making shelving and electrical wiring easier and adding stability.
- We provide beautiful, locally harvested and milled poplar walls.
- A unique platform design is provided.
- The thin plywood band that surrounds your platform and contains the walls is included in our kit.
- We include rain diverters for every door.